Wednesday 10 February 2010

Session 21

Hands: 476
Net: $549

Played a bit of 5-10 with a fish sitting, and the usual 2-4 games. Fairly happy with how I played anyway.

Played this at 5-10:


$5/$10 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGWESTLAKE64$828
COCATWOTISADOG$2,102
BTNHAI_THERE$2,974.25
SBBLACKHOLE_$1,084.25
BBUOFGSFINEST$2,188
  • Pre-Flop ($15, 5 players)Hero is CO
  • cK sQ
1 fold, CATWOTISADOG raises to $33, 1 fold, BLACKHOLE_ raises to $109, 1 fold, CATWOTISADOG calls $76
  • Flop ($228, 2 players)
  • h2 s2 h6
BLACKHOLE_ bets $150, CATWOTISADOG calls $150
  • Turn ($528, 2 players)
  • s5
BLACKHOLE_ checks, CATWOTISADOG bets $298, BLACKHOLE_ goes all-in $825.25, CATWOTISADOG folds
  • Final Pot: $1,651.25
  • BLACKHOLE_ wins $1,648.25 (net +$564)
  • CATWOTISADOG lost $557


I was talking with Martin today about floating these boards in 3bet pots and how effective it is, but I dislike how I played this. I certainly don't hate the initial float, he'd be suicidal to continue betting on this board once I flat the flop, but what I hate is my betsize. It's going to be obvious to a decent midstaker that I'm floating this at least sometimes, but where I went wrong was in my betsizing.

Basically, I bet too big, meaning that if he shoves AJ etc and is wrong it is much less of a mistake than if I had bet say 1/3 pot. This is just a spot where betting smaller actually exerts far more pressure than a larger bet, whilst obviously saving me money the times he's shoving anything anyway. This is my belief anyway, comments welcome.

Session 22 coming up, I've a mild headache, and plan to take a low variance approach, if that's even possible playing 33/27...........

dan

3 comments:

Martin said...

I guess even betting 1/3 pot we can put him into a commitment decision, but i always worried people will think we are full of shit when we bet so small

Chris said...

Absolutely hate this on these paired with a flush draw boards, because you rep absolutely nothing and will be owned by any decent player a la blackhole.

BLAARGH! said...

That is a perfect line if you actually have the 2, as I think he's shoving there almost always.
I guarantee he had some piece of that flop, whether draw, 6, 5, overpair whatever. You put yourself into hopeless bluff position against someone that is definitely able to see right through it. Having said that, I don't know your fishies stats, but maybe that line works against him?