Thursday 4 February 2010

Session 7

Hands: 384
Net: $641

Total No. Stacks Lost: 0
Stacks Lost To Bad Play: 0
Stacks Lost To Definite Coolers: 0

RE- 10
TIMING- 10
CREATIVITY- 5
KNOW MY OPPONENT- 9
PF GAMEFLOW- 9
FEEL COMPETITIVE- 9

Good session again, no stacks changed hands either in the plus or minus section, just a load of medium sized pots won.

This hand caused me the biggest headache. Bet? How much? Bet call or bet fold, I'm pretty committed if I do bet.

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGCRATERING$448.50
COBAD_CARMA$357
BTNDWOODS11$656
SBAVONOLDFARMS$790
BBHero$1,108.90
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 5 players)Hero is BB
  • h7 hT
3 folds, AVONOLDFARMS raises to $16, Hero calls $12
  • Flop ($32, 2 players)
  • sA hQ c7
AVONOLDFARMS bets $24, Hero raises to $78, AVONOLDFARMS calls $54
  • Turn ($188, 2 players)
  • cT
AVONOLDFARMS checks, Hero bets $120, AVONOLDFARMS calls $120
  • River ($428, 2 players)
  • c8
AVONOLDFARMS checks
  • Final Pot: $428


Then this hand:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGQWERTY123333$227
COALLINJULO$954.52
BTNHero$813.30
SBAVONOLDFARMS$922.30
BBIM THE PUSHER$628
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 5 players)Hero is BTN
  • sA cT
1 fold, ALLINJULO raises to $12, Hero raises to $36, AVONOLDFARMS calls $34, 1 fold, ALLINJULO calls $24
  • Flop ($112, 3 players)
  • s5 d2 s2
AVONOLDFARMS checks, ALLINJULO checks, Hero bets $41, AVONOLDFARMS calls $41, ALLINJULO folds
  • Turn ($194, 2 players)
  • dK
AVONOLDFARMS checks, Hero bets $143
  • Final Pot: $337


If he's cold calling AK or KQ PF, then good for him, but I doubt it. I plan to shove all rivers, and I think gameflow wise I can *maybe* get it away with at this point in the session?

Session 8 now, I'm going to play it on FTP as UB games are so dead in the morning. Yay no shortstackers!

4 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

I think there's $580 left on the river in hand 1. This is another crazy spot where if you bet $300 and he shoves you should fold. I don't know how often you get into spots where you bluff raise the flop deep and triple barrel bluff against this guy. If that's likely to happen often you probably need to bet, if not I'd probably check back this time. he can definitely have better two pairs by the river so you're really relying on him calling any Ax one pair hand to make betting profitable.

In the AT hand I'm not sure why you bet the flop so small. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, but it makes it hard to get stacks in by the river so I'd suspect you didn't have a strong hand if I'm them. However, if they're not thinking that well it's good given you're going to barrel as it keeps in a wider range on the flop. It also works well with this turn I think as it does rep AK decently on the flop (looking for value from AQ/AJ or just protecting or something). As for whether to bluff river as well, it just depends on all the little things between you two. If he's not folding 88 then it's obviously pretty terrible, the more he folds 88 on the turn the more you wanna give up river, etc.

Chris said...

Hand 1: I don't raise the flop. Just call it. I so reason to raise it. Bte turn bigger. Good few 1 pairs jsut picked up gutters. I bet river somewhat big and understand that he can never have a bluff by the river nor any reason to turn a hand into a bluff, so I fold to a jam.

Hand 2: King turn cards on dry boards are so predicatble as barrel cards these days that agaisnt people who a) can hand read b) don't fold. I just give up. Avon plays HU as his main game and if he calls turn he's calling river esp v you and anything that folds you were ahead of anyway like a flush draw.

Chris said...

I need to proof read my posts from now on. God it's like him dyslexic.

BLAARGH! said...

Thanks Grog!

#1, I don't know what villain's tendencies are, but it seems like there's not a whole lot you beat except A or Qx. He's on button so he's probably pretty wide, but I'd find it hard to believe he's calling a flop rr, and flatting the turn, then folding to a river bet. When I see folks flat, flat, it's almost always a set or str8, at least at the lower levels. You're getting called or jammed here. I guess bet/fold river.

#2 give up to SB if he flats/raises.
both are tough hands i guess...