Monday 1 February 2010

Session 2

Hands: 766
Net: $479

Total No. Stacks Lost: 5
Stacks Lost To Bad Play: 1
Stacks Lost To Definite Coolers: 2
Stacks Lost Where Unsure: 2

RE- 10
TIMING- 10
CREATIVITY- 4
KNOW MY OPPONENT- 4, kept calling river potsize bets from passive fish
PF GAMEFLOW- 8
FEEL COMPETITIVE- 7

Ok, I'll include the 3 hands where I thought it was either bad or I was unsure.

Hand 1: http://weaktight.com/1967556

I mean, obviously a sick call down, and not a bluff I'd usually make on the T1 board. Basically, I decided ages ago that this is not a player I can ever bluff, but medium and long term gameflow wise I literally hadn't bluffed him in ages. It's no consolation that any T or K gets played the same way (yes I'd shove JT), because I should be tailoring my action to what I think he will likely do. I thought he'd fold 77 here to be honest, and also AQ.

Hand 2: http://weaktight.com/1967561

All I knew about this guy was that he was a 52/19 over 100 hands, therefore I guess the type of loose fish who also bets sometimes. I don't think I find many folds really here but maybe somewhere.

Hand 3: http://weaktight.com/1967566

Another big fish, this time a 52/0. Meh, plenty of pair+str draws in his range IMO at the time.

I do seem to have an achiles heel with fish sometimes, it's like a mental thing where I need to be the one at the table to get their money. How I do this is never folding any pair, 3betting every hand, and 4bet shoving 55 over their 3bets. I need to stop it.

Hand 4: http://weaktight.com/1967570

I won't include the results for the above, see if everyone's fine with it. It was on a 72 table, so I had to factor that in given that I think his range for 3betting his BB to my UTGr is extremely polarised to 72 and QQ+ (not always QQ either). Hmm.

Overall though, not too bad, but again I am losing too many medium pots. I've been fine with my RE spots of late, but I need to be getting more creative in stacking people. Hey so long as I keep going with not throwing away 300BBs a session through RE and basic mistakes to do with simple reads on opponents, I think I'll do ok.

Session 3 I'll play now. dan

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hand 1, check the flop lose 3bb's instead of 100. You also bet two flops at 5/10 tonight (J4,AQ) that are easy check backs. That's a leak right there imo.

Hand 4 seems fine.

DODGYKEN said...

In hand 2 (KK) it's a gross spot. I think if he bets big anywhere you can let it go, but he gives you such good odds that I probably look him up too.

Hand 3 - I'm not sure what the best line is here actually. You have to call the turn at least, and then you'll be getting such a good price on the river that I don't think I could fold it. I'd probably play this the same again as I agree that he can have worse hands protecting or whatever, and he's going to call it off with a lot of those hands.

Hand 4 - I'd rather pot control the turn and look to show it down to be honest. We're very different in these spots though so it could be the best play for you. I just think you're asking a lot for him to show up with 72 often here. I think he'd barrel the turn a decent amount with that too.