Thursday 11 February 2010

Session 23

Hands: 501
Net: $1323

I've allowed a huge leak to creep into my game. It's kind of crept in there because I've been running well, but anyway: I keep making the most outrageous shoves/ calls PF. Literally the number of times I'm getting 22-66 in now is just insane, and I need to stop it. This session, I was up $300 and cruising, then shoved (in this order) 22/66/55/10. 22 I got a fold off LrdOfDarkness, all the others I got called by dominating overpairs.

If I'm going to 9 table, I just don't need to do this. I've previously kinda worried along the lines of 'I get paid cos my image is so bad, if I dont spew occasionally my image will heal'. Sounds daft, but it's really important to the way I think about poker. I need to realise though that my image isn't going to just heal itself overnight, and in the meantime I must be literally giving away a BI every 1000 hands or so in terms of EV simply by not being more solid PF.

Thus, this next session I'm going to 9 table and really concentrate on not giving anything away PF at all. All the other stuff I concentrated on has really improved, and I haven't got involved in any horrible RE spots in the last few weeks, for example. It may take a few sessions, but I think I'm going to do much much better removing this leak from my game.

Session 24 coming up...........

No comments: