Tuesday 31 August 2010

Session 3 of September 2010

Another decent effort. Averaged 28/21 simply by virtue of the number of fish popping up left right and centre. I didn't lose many pots at all through focus on reverse equity folds, and just didn't give anything away through any kind of PF spew.

Triple barrel for balancing. http://weaktight.com/2629424 I didn't mean to bet the turn so small. This is one of those spots that I just love when they call with QT and just feel so owned. Similar to the spot below actually, albeit that was yesterday:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • AbsolutePoker

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGBMW_GOLFPRO2$528.14
UTG+1IM_CANDYGIRL$478.50
CONAWADEE$294.50
BTNGROGHEADFLOW$400
SBDANISH33$13.12
BBAARONAGUSTO$708.10
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 6 players)Hero is BTN
  • dT cQ
BMW_GOLFPRO2 raises to $12, 1 fold, NAWADEE calls $12, GROGHEADFLOW calls $12, 2 folds
  • Flop ($42, 3 players)
  • c5 h8 h9
BMW_GOLFPRO2 checks, NAWADEE checks, GROGHEADFLOW bets $25, BMW_GOLFPRO2 calls $25, NAWADEE folds
  • Turn ($92, 2 players)
  • dQ
BMW_GOLFPRO2 checks, GROGHEADFLOW bets $60, BMW_GOLFPRO2 calls $60
  • River ($212, 2 players)
  • d4
BMW_GOLFPRO2 checks, GROGHEADFLOW bets $303, BMW_GOLFPRO2 calls $303
  • Final Pot: $818
  • GROGHEADFLOW shows
  • dTcQ
  • BMW_GOLFPRO2 shows
  • d9d7
  • GROGHEADFLOW wins $814.50 (net +$414.50)
  • BMW_GOLFPRO2 lost $400
  • NAWADEE lost $12

Then a funny sort of spot here http://weaktight.com/2629428

PF, the guy bets 15% on the button. I'm assuming it's wider still BTN vs CO. We're 200bbs, and a flat is fine. On the flop, I'm usually the first to scream reverse equity, but I can make some assumptions that allow me to play future streets very confidently. Firstly, if the turn comes a low blank he's checking down his air for sure, meaning I get to see showdown fairly easily.

Secondly, there's a good chance he checks a piece of this board this deep, so 9x is almost out.

Thirdly, if the turn comes an ace, then I can call again as he's ALWAYS betting his air twice (but KK-TT disappear), but my perceived range would be such that he wouldn't bluff the river as I very likely have an AQ type hand that floated this dry of a flop. An ace coming is also in my favour, as it gets checked back a decent % of the time. Don't discount set and GS outs too.

I was a bit lost here http://weaktight.com/2629443 on the river. Paired board, non-nut flush, albeit a very suspicious and cally opponent. I shoved for want of a better option. I think 1/3 pot is better though in hindsite, and I must remember that option for future similar spots.

One more session before bed. Tight PF, no PF spew, the rest should hopefully follow........


dan

No comments: