Tuesday 31 August 2010

Sessions 1+2 of September


I met my immediate goals both sessions, ie no PF spew and a 22/18ish style. I was 3 handed and HU for quite a bit of the second session, so obviously had to ramp it up a little but on the whole I didn't give much away.

I probably ran quite well too, especially in the first session.

This hand, I can't quite decide between raising flop and calling.

On the one hand, I rep a ton more by calling. On the other hand, in practice, the guy is barrelling any overcard (32% chance of over card coming on the turn), leaving me often stuck calling again then making an unconvincing river bluff. By raising, he might peg me for a flush draw and that only, but really there's not a whole lot he can do about it. I think in his shoes I check jam the turn if he's never folding on a blank, as really he shouldn't expect me to continue my bluff on the river. Running well here is the river being a J and not a 6........

http://weaktight.com/2628741 I did not know what to do on the river. I think betting butchers it though......

http://weaktight.com/2628795 Very unsure here on the river. I think he's supposed to have QJdd, and that only, but then I didn't want to call either. Hmm.

dan

No comments: