Monday 23 August 2010

Small Change of Direction

I haven't documented every session. I've done OK, but a few obvious mistakes are still letting me down. Still important to change things up until I get back into a winning groove.

This hand from today shows off my current image:

$1/$2 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players • AbsolutePoker

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGSHABBAXXX$200
COWBFINIST$202.40
BTNCRATERING$201.25
SBGROGHEADFLOW$355
BBARSENIK666$322
  • Pre-Flop ($3, 5 players)Hero is SB
  • hK sQ
2 folds, CRATERING raises to $5, GROGHEADFLOW raises to $19, 1 fold, CRATERING calls $14
  • Flop ($40, 2 players)
  • h3 hQ dQ
GROGHEADFLOW bets $18, CRATERING calls $18
  • Turn ($76, 2 players)
  • sK
GROGHEADFLOW bets $41, CRATERING calls $41
  • River ($158, 2 players)
  • d8
GROGHEADFLOW bets $277, CRATERING calls $123.25
  • Final Pot: $558.25
  • CRATERING shows
  • s5s3
  • GROGHEADFLOW shows
  • hKsQ
  • GROGHEADFLOW wins $554.75 (net +$199.75)
  • CRATERING lost $201.25



Weirdly, although I was obviously chuft to see him call down here, a part of me was like Jesus have things really gotten that bad?

I've averaged 30/24 this month. Now, I think it's a myth that certain hands 'need' FE to be profitable, as this doesn't take into account the players present. 87s VS a fish doesn't need FE, I'm just gonna make a lot of money the times it makes a hand. VS regs at the moment though with my current image, I'm pretty sure I'm finding it hard to play a ton of hands where previously I could rely on getting a lot of folds.

So, while still keeping the same goals spelt out a few blogs ago, I'm having a mini change of direction. I'll be 6 tabling, but aiming for more like 21/18 type stats. This is a pretty drastic sudden change, and I wouldn't expect it to be picked up on for a while, if ever. Postflop, I'm still going to be animalastic where I think necessary, but tighter preflop will mean my frequencies for said plays will go down a whole lot.

So about to play a session, I'll post results and vpip/pfr and review the hands once I'm done.

dan

2 comments:

Struiks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Struiks said...

Im very curious what your new relatively nitty style is gonna bring you. I expect that you'll have much less though decisions, as you have a stronger range in general. PS What is 'animalistic'? Playing poker like an animal?

Good luck!