Tuesday 10 August 2010

Session 6

Hands: 332
Net: $132

I played OK for the most part, but there was one hand where I lost a lot of money OOP with no hand that I'm pretty angry about. I had a decent note on him as well that I should have utilized and saved/ earned myself an additional $200.

Then this hand: http://weaktight.com/2537291 I think on the river he has a ton of weak pairs+ turn GSs and I don't mind my jam. C'est la vie.

Hands - Notes - Adjustments




$1/$2 Ante $0.50 No Limit Holdem • 3 Players • AbsolutePoker

Generated by weaktight.com.

BTNDIAMONDJIM99$223
SBHero$402
BBRHINOFISH$210
  • Pre-Flop ($4.50, 3 players)Hero is SB
  • d8 h8
DIAMONDJIM99 folds, Hero raises to $8, RHINOFISH raises to $24, Hero calls $16
  • Flop ($49.50, 2 players)
  • hT cK s8
Hero checks, RHINOFISH checks
  • Turn ($49.50, 2 players)
  • c4
Hero bets $27, RHINOFISH calls $27
  • River ($103.50, 2 players)
  • h5
Hero bets $350.50, RHINOFISH calls $158.50
  • Final Pot: $612.50
  • Hero shows
  • d8h8
  • RHINOFISH shows
  • d5hK
  • Hero wins $610.50 (net +$208.50)
  • RHINOFISH lost $210



It's possible my PF call is marginal here OOP... he's just going to be able to make too many good turn decisions even when I peel a low flop, ie check to hit river or bet better. Maybe calling flop and leading the turn is a better bet in a spot like that, but then it depends on my having a decent guess how he'll react to a line like that with different hands.

But anyway, I flop a set. Leading is an option, but I only need 2 steets to get the money in anyway. My turn bet appears small at first glance, however I felt something like $39 would blow away a marginal pair hand with an implied river shove. In hindsite, I don't think this is true and I should've bet more to make it harder for him to fold the river. By the river, I just think he has a weak K a lot and isn't about to fold it (he's a bad splashy reg).

What can I learn from this hand about this opponent?

Note:
3bet me BvB PF with K5o
Adjustment:
Assuming he's 3betting a linearly similar range in this spot (not a great assumption) I should stop opening hands that can't stand a 3bet. Small and mid pocket pairs 100bbs I should just straight raise and 4bet jam (the expectation of picking up the pot in this spot is higher than having him 3bet/5bet ATo). AQ, AJs and KQ I can flat OOP and have a decent read on him postflop, thus:

Note:
Didn't cbet weak top pair on dry board in 3bet pot.
Adjustment:
Married to his propensity to 3bet junk in some spots, I can start check jamming a much wider range when he does cbet. If he's checking k5 there, he's probably the type to 3bet ATo and check AJ3. I'm not saying I should check jam AJ3, but say BTN vs CO he fires a J74ss board then my KQ becomes a snap jam 100bbs. One further point to make is that I'd rather he 3bet me larger and have a smaller PSR postflop if this is to be my plan, so perhaps I can be making it 4x CO vs his BTN, similar to BvB to make my play more viable.

dan

No comments: