Saturday 23 October 2010

30k 200nl Hands Over, 2 New Challenges


So not great, and most sadly not a great amount of momentum built up any way through the challenge. I aimed for $6k, made ~$4k, but then again poker can be the ultimate bitch at times and at least I didn't drop the same amount.

So I stepped up to 400nl on UB again and just won $1k in fairly standish spots. This hand was nice http://weaktight.com/2833276 on my comeback, but I have to say his line is actually abysmal, he needs to be pot controlling the turn or the river, but then again he must just view me as a massive station and think I'm calling down AQ in this spot.

Speaking of how I'm perceived, I'm not proud of this hand in a vacuum: http://weaktight.com/2833281 , but villain was the type to look for reasons to fold, slightly fishy, and it's obviously very player dependent that I just basically buy this pot without repping anything.

His chat though made me laugh.

LOW__CHICAGO: i dont fold that to a Loooooooot of people
LOW__CHICAGO: you are one i do though....sigh
LOW__CHICAGO: nice bet

Worst player evaluation ever??

So anyway I played the session, ran $800 below EV, but I got a bit sad at the lack of games running at 7pm ET on a Saturday night. I basically think UB's dying, virtually no games during GMT daytime, barely able to 6 table at otherwise peak poker times at 400nl.

So, coupled with the discussions I keep having with Dodgy and ian about FT being somehow 'different' to UB, I've decided to postpone again my climb to 400nl on UB, and instead play another challenge of 30k hands of 200nl on FTP.

The reasons being, I get rakeback on there so wins over stars. Also, I need to conquer my FT fear as medium term if I want to be able to get 400nl+ volume I need to be on a site that plays during the day.

Also I get to repair my FT PTR which plain just annoys me actually, given that at the time of it I was in utter meltdown, wildly swinging from playing 12/10 to playing 45/30, triple barreling every single board and generally behaving like the -10ptbb fish that results indicated.

So I guess we get to see if my style can win on there. I don't think there's too many doubts, but I sense it lingering in the backs of Dodgy's, Ian's, and even my own mind sometimes when I come out with some of the more outlandish call down advice I've been passing around.

My good month last month means I'm not under any financial pressure for the first time in a while, which is nice. Just looking at a bank account of £10k rather than a £7k overdraft, and a roll of $15k rather than $2k means I can afford to take the time out from UB to do this.

Is all, widget will be updated accordingly..............

dan

1 comment:

Ian Little said...

I've no doubt you will do fine at FTP, as long as you play your own game and adjust accordingly. grog ftw.