Thursday 21 October 2010

Leaks Reappear

I've really bled money the last 8k hands or so....... I feel I've definitely ran bad during this period in terms of every 100bb cooler spot going against me, and had I been playing my old game the damage could've been much worse I think.

Having said that, some bad leaks have definitely crept in, some separate from the ones listed below, on which I'll grade my recent performance now.

Decent 3betting frequencies - been averaging around 10% lately, probably a little too high depending on the situation but an improvement on before.

Adjust to villain, plan hand all the way from PF depending on villain - I'm definitely doing this better...... I play 2 almost diametrically opposed games depending on villain being very suspicious or very foldy at the moment.

Bobbo default cbet strategy - fine.

PSR planning - fine, I'm completely in the habit of quoting it to myself every medium sized pot now.

Don't build big pots then fold, don't build big pots without a decent plan to win the hand- fine.

Soulread based on betsizing - need to do more of this, 6/10.

I don't know where the goal of no PF spew went, but this really needs re-iterating. Today I had a note on a guy who 4bet a ton, like he was 33/22 and had a 4bet range of 5.6%. He'd previously 4bet called QTs for 100bbs.

I 3bet/5bet AJ in the SB vs his UTG+1 raise and got it in VS AQ. The massive mistake in this hand was to open up my 3bet/5bet range way too much. VS a guy like this with a weak getting in range I shouldn't be weakening my own range to this extent, rather I should simply avoid bluff 3betting him and look to get in AQs+, TT+.

The other leak that's creeping back in is a lack of positional awareness. Flatting 3bets OOP with small pairs less than 150bbs deep is one such example, but I'm also overcalling k3s 3way in the BB, flatting suited connectors too much to a single raise, and back to opening 20% utg and utg+1. So I need to be much tigher opening, and plan hands better so that I'm playing OOP a whole ton less.

Final leak, I keep fucking up rivers. Like this example, http://weaktight.com/2827709, villain is a cally fish, but with the OESD getting there this is thin as it gets. So I quickly bet here when what was needed was some real thought. I'm also totally overdoing river overbets for value, I feel like the last one got called in 1996. Implicit in this statement is that I'm realising that overbets carry a whole lot more FE than I previously thought, and thus in spots where villain's hand is easy to pin as weak (and he's bad/ foldy enough) I need to be throwing in more overbets.

Oh and I'm overbetting turns for value too much as well. I probably do a mix of 50/50 bluffs and value atm, but given the frequency at which they are called then a mix of 80/20 bluffs/value is more appropriate. I can adjust this frequency not by increasing my bluffs, but rather lowering the times I do it for value. The spots for value should be extremely specific, ie we have QQ on KQ6 8r where villain's flop calling range combinatorially is totally going to be top pair, or a weaker hand that would fold to a normal size bet anyway.

So for my next few sessions my goals are as follows, (dropping some that are currently not a problem, throwing in some of the above).

Stop the PF spew for 100bbs

Adjust to villain, plan hand all the way from PF depending on villain

PSR planning

Don't build big pots then fold, don't build big pots without a decent plan to win the hand.

Soulread based on bet sizing

Positional Awareness

Stop overbetting for value as much, and think on rivers


dan

No comments: