Thursday 7 October 2010

No Cashier Time

I've never known what it is to be unmotivated before. I guess, around the time I was supposed to start getting less motivated was probably this time last year. What happened then though is that I started struggling.

Up and down, I've felt like I've been struggling ever since. I can't relax at all when I'm struggling. Like every time I had some Fifa night or stag do or whatever I'd secretly just want to be putting work in to get me back onto an even keel.

At the moment I feel like I play perfectly every time I sit down. Unless I start losing, or until I move up in stakes, there's a chance I'm going to keep feeling like this.

But anyway, the purpose of this blog is to say that I've put in barely any hands since coming back from London, and the ones I have put in have been much less than 100% effort. I need to sort this out, and stop checking my cashier to see if I've met my days $ quota yet. That kind of stuff is a killer, so until this time next week I'm not checking HEM or my cashier at all, and instead am returning to the aim of playing each and every hand to my 100% best ability.

Then I'll post a graph, and either dance or cry. Being rid of the hourly progress checks is a massive relief though.

dan

1 comment:

Martin said...

checking my cashier while i play has costed me so many buyins, i always ended up trying to protect my win when i m up or try to breakven when i m down instead of making the best decision i possibly could. I now put a small piece of paper nxt to me when i play with abunch of small goals, this really help me focus on my play instead of on the money (i think i might of got that from u)
sort it out and start crushing dude!!

really enjoyed the vid u uploaded btw, thanks a lot