Wednesday 13 October 2010

Today Review


Today I played well again overall. Alas (see widget, god i love that word) there has been a big separation between my actual winnings and my all in EV. Some of the hands you simply wouldn't believe but I won't bore, the important thing is that my actual $ is still decently positive and over the winrate challenge of 5ptbb (and thus $6k in 30k hands) that I set myself.

Theme of today is still having a plan to win the hand after a certain amount of money has gone in, and so here's some more raw hands for perusal's sake for people who are interested.


http://weaktight.com/2800812 - backdoor flushes are pretty plausible shoving spots I think

http://weaktight.com/2800814 - from this villain this just really felt like a PP feeler bet, having 2 callers meant the PSR was good for a straight c-jam on the flop, which isn't always the case in a usual 3x 3bet pot.

http://weaktight.com/2800820 - PF is obviously a mixing up play, I think I'd 4bet if it were AKo, AKs allows much more playability in terms of backdoors.


3.36 am...... if I told you that I sky plussed today's daily politics and now I'm going to go watch it, what would you say? Andrew Neil is my hero though.


dan

3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

In the 2nd hand where the backdoor flush hits, how much of a difference do you think it makes that the top card wasn't a flush card (giving you more Jc Xc in his eyes)?

Julian said...

Dont you think that you have a lot of sd value in the last hand with AK? His line looks so dumb and bluffy that I feel you dont have to risk another 175bb to win the pot.

grog said...

Hey Dodgy I'd shove the T still but love it less, no absolute blanks though I still need to rep 2 pairs/ oesds/ gss.

Julian I just think he has Jx a lot. Yes I don't rep much and yes he should call but a lot of regs just don't have the stomach to put in 200bbs and find out, I definitely viewed him as one of them.