Wednesday 24 March 2010

Back To Publicly Reviewing Sessions

Hello. I've still been reviewing sessions and hands, but just to myself whilst I've been struggling/ breaking even. I've also been sorting out my life this last week or so, and in keeping with others have found that a haircut and clean office has me feeling much more confident and motivated.

I've had some really bad sessions lately, but as with all of my worst sessions throughout my poker life they've had something in common. This is: a) playing for longer than 4 hours straight, b) playing through the night.

There's something about playing at night which puts me on a really sinister form of tilt. It's like, because I'm the only one in Hull awake, gambling, maybe stuck some, on my own, I feel like a total degenerate. Some part of my pysche then says to me 'degenerate son? I'll show you what a fucking degenerate is!'. And then I play and play and play until the games break at about 7am and I've set myself a new 'worst day' on PTR.

So, I was up at 9am today. I've set a daytime schedule that involves eating/ playing/ blogging/ training/ exercise etc, basically a well rounded day. This day then finishes at 6pm, at which point I can turn off poker and do other things.

Short sessions/ review is clearly the best way for me. I want to really look at hands in more detail as well, so rather than just list a bunch of hands I'll concentrate on 1 or 2 and look at it from opp's angle, different hypothetical river cards, etc.

Session 1 coming up in 60 minutes.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome back. Im up at night atm.Think of it less as a degen and more as the poker players lifestyle.

Martin said...

Your schedule looks pretty solid man, I been watching tommy angelo's series on DC, there was 1 episode on quitting and playing short sessions and shit, worth checking out.GL at the tables man