Wednesday 24 March 2010

Session 1

I won a decent amount. Not too much (so no complacency), and not too little (so I stop telling my elephant how unfair it is that I'll probably not be able to go to the Irish and Vegas).

Hands:


$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 2 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

SBMRMAHONE$991
BBCATWOTISADOG$1,005
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 2 players)Hero is BB
  • hA cA
MRMAHONE raises to $12, CATWOTISADOG raises to $40, MRMAHONE calls $28
  • Flop ($80, 2 players)
  • s8 s7 d9
CATWOTISADOG checks, MRMAHONE checks
  • Turn ($80, 2 players)
  • dT
CATWOTISADOG checks, MRMAHONE bets $65, CATWOTISADOG calls $65
  • River ($210, 2 players)
  • hT
CATWOTISADOG checks, MRMAHONE bets $156
  • Final Pot: $366


We're playing HU at this point. Recent history is that he 3bet/5bet jammed 87o to my QQ 4bet. I check flop, thoughts? It's like, I usually bet 100% as a bluff, except maybe I give up on this board sometimes so balance wise I think it's fine to check AA etc occasionally. Getting raised would have to be a bet fold I think this deep, which is obviously horrible.

So then on the turn he's repping a J or a 6. Probably the 6 is more plausible as I expect most Js on the flop to stab or bet a straight for value. Maybe not J8s, but that's a small part of the range. Probably not a turn fold though, even though IF he is bluffing he's very likely to bluff the river.

River, I'm not sure a 6 still bets this strong for value, leaving AJ/J8/J9? I'm sure JQ would stab the flop, and JT obv bets. So, who calls who folds? I think on the side of not calling he's going to put me on QQ+ very often and probably doesn't expect me to fold them, who knows.

Hand 2:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 4 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

COCATWOTISADOG$1,089.60
BTNNORSILVER$1,094.15
SBGIMMEBEERS$796
BBI_BUST_YOU$1,049.20
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 4 players)Hero is CO
  • c9 c8
CATWOTISADOG raises to $14, NORSILVER calls $14, GIMMEBEERS raises to $60, 1 fold, CATWOTISADOG calls $46, NORSILVER folds
  • Flop ($138, 2 players)
  • c7 cT h5
GIMMEBEERS bets $77, CATWOTISADOG calls $77
  • Turn ($292, 2 players)
  • sK
GIMMEBEERS bets $170, CATWOTISADOG calls $170
  • River ($632, 2 players)
  • dQ
GIMMEBEERS goes all-in $489, CATWOTISADOG folds
  • Final Pot: $1,121
  • GIMMEBEERS wins $1,119 (net +$323)
  • NORSILVER lost $14
  • CATWOTISADOG lost $307


Here I flop the nuts, and I'm left with raising or calling. Obviously neither are terrible, but still I think I made a mistake. I'm actually very very sure that he's bluffing with the best hand here, but that's kind of a function of the board running out the way it did. On the flop, IP, I'm sure that by calling I stand to win the most and lose the least assuming the board runs out 2 smaller cards and he doesn't 3 barrel bluff. So, I call and hit and stack his overpair, or I call and miss and bluff his overcards or whatever that give up. Just kind of unfortunate I think, but maybe VS someone good enough to 3barrel in this spot in future I should jam the turn.

Hand 3:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGROYALBLUFFZ$418
UTG+1CBACH$932.20
COMR_BOBSTUPAK$400
BTNCATWOTISADOG$1,375.20
SBSICKGAMBLER99$611.52
BBMARCLAR3$400
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 6 players)Hero is BTN
  • hT cT
3 folds, CATWOTISADOG raises to $12, 1 fold, MARCLAR3 calls $8
  • Flop ($26, 2 players)
  • s5 dJ sK
MARCLAR3 checks, CATWOTISADOG checks
  • Turn ($26, 2 players)
  • s4
MARCLAR3 bets $24, CATWOTISADOG calls $24
  • River ($74, 2 players)
  • d3
MARCLAR3 bets $160, CATWOTISADOG calls $160
  • Final Pot: $394


I think the above hand comes down to pure levels. I hate this word, but my range in his syes is CAPPED to a pair of Js I think given I literally never check back top pair and he knows this. The thing is, it's pretty fuckin obvious my range is capped, and similarly obvious that he *should* therefore be overbet bluffing my weak range, and it's therefore very obvious that I should call with said weak range..... but how obvious? The thing is, I wasn't sure that he's good enough to merge me with KT or whatever here (Gui becomes a much tougher decision), so together with the twelzillion turn semi bluffs I went with the call.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hand 1 is far to hard to play when you check. Too many turns you don't like etc. Bet/fold the flop. As played, if he wanted to bluff in this pot he would have done it when you check that flop. I muck the turn and think nothing of it.

Hand 2 is fine, I prefer calling I think on the flop, although raising is obviously fine too. If you truely think he is bluffing then obvy a turn jam is fine, but i'd probably prefer a call normally.

Hand 3: What the fuck are you talking about Willis? It is not obvious at all that you should call with said weak range. If he is truely polarised then sure it can be a call from time to time. However, Marclar is a weird dude and so i'd not call it versus him.