Tuesday 2 March 2010

Dropped 3 BIs....

At 200nl on FTP over 1k hands. Definitely some stuff to learn from but on the whole I just ran pretty bad in big pots.

There was a hand from the previous session I forgot to mention:

$2/$4 Ante $1 No Limit Holdem • 4 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

COGROGHEADFLOW$407
BTNNONUTSBUTGUTS$397
SBYELLOWDAWG$424.10
BB-SCAR-$193.50
  • Pre-Flop ($10, 4 players)Hero is CO
  • hA cK
GROGHEADFLOW raises to $14, 1 fold, YELLOWDAWG raises to $50, 1 fold, GROGHEADFLOW calls $36
  • Flop ($108, 2 players)
  • sK h4 c5
YELLOWDAWG bets $72, GROGHEADFLOW calls $72
  • Turn ($252, 2 players)
  • c3
YELLOWDAWG bets $301.10, GROGHEADFLOW calls $284
  • River ($837.10, 2 players)
  • s3
  • Final Pot: $837.10
  • YELLOWDAWG shows
  • sAcJ
  • GROGHEADFLOW shows
  • hAcK
  • GROGHEADFLOW wins $817.50 (net +$410.50)
  • YELLOWDAWG collects $17.10 (net -$407)


So, I flat AK to a 3bet, pretty non-standard. Thinking is that when we 4bet, or 3bet, or bet or raise any amount- we're only concerned with the playback-at range of the opponent. VS the top 6 regs on AP, I think we're going to see AQ get jammed over our 4bet enough of the time to justify it, but I think VS Yellowdawg a 4bet would just fold out AQ/AJ/KQ and allow him to jam all better.

I think the usual argument for always 4betting AK is that you sometimes allow worse to beat you, so if no A or K comes then AJ cbets and wins..... but my postflop plan is obviously more complex than just playing fit or fold on the flop, so it's not like I'm going away on 227, or JTx, or a lot of boards probably.

Who knew Yellowdawg was capable of this though eh?

I have to make a microstakes vid for leggo today, so I'll do that first things first.........

dan

No comments: