Friday 17 February 2012

Session 10
















http://weaktight.com/4381830 - a 'good' reg, but imo not good enough to ever be bluffing here. I snap bet folded it

http://weaktight.com/4381833 - flop spot very hard to decide just because it comes up so infrequently. Big pot, think we have to bet to protect. I made it small as I would do with QJ J9 etc, just up against strongish ranges and no need to lose $66 here bet folding.

http://weaktight.com/4381836 - he CR turn. Very hard to know what to do. No special reads really.

http://weaktight.com/4381837 - I was talking about this yesterday, I think min 4betting squeezes is the best defence a lot of the time. Lowest variance, probably most effective.

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1 - I think it has to be a bet fold. It's a turn where it does actually make sense for him to raise a lot of his strong hands (and a flop where slowplaying makes sense too.

Hand 2 - I know in the past I've checked this 100% and it makes it quite tough from there. The fact is they're never bluff raising enough to consider bet calling (draws that raise have a lot of equity). So yeah I agree that bet folding is good. Providing the small bet doesn't induce anything ever it's good - and it most likely doesn't as your range looks strong too.

Hand 3 - Depends on his opening range/defending range of course. His value seems like one combo of AA, one of QQ, three of 99 (does he flat TT on the flop?), some KJs. Bluff range seems somewhat non-existent, but I suppose there's a small chance of him doing it with JTs. Can he value raise worse? ATs is pretty much it, I doubt he check raises AK on the turn. Maybe T9s.

I still don't think I'd fold though. Against AA, QQ, 99, AQ we still have 25% equity. And I think with chance of something else/something silly I can't fold top two in a big pot here.

Hand 4 - Interesting. Seems like he should peel a lot of hands, but I guess most won't. Plus if he does we'll almost always have a decent hand in position with initiative.