Wednesday 29 February 2012

February


Allowed myself a sneak peek at my results as I felt I'd ended the month strongly. $5k up from the bottom, and into +EV for the month so a happy finish to a nightmare 29 days. Head down now for March, take each day 1 at a time, play and play and play, talk to Dodgeball about hands, rinse repeat, hopefully win money. I unlock a ~ $5k .fr bonus end of this month if I get the hands in so with some semblance of a respectful month I'll have a  decent roll for April.

Edit: shaved another $1k off it just before midnight.

http://weaktight.com/4428972 treble this? 18/16, no reads as I don't play stars. 15% open from this position.

Other interesting hands ..........

http://weaktight.com/4428982 I like this line sometimes, river 2nd nuts, CC. Gets stuff turned into bluffs, loses us less the times we bet call VS a flush, or stops us getting bluff shoved on.

http://weaktight.com/4428984 The fact that all regs have a river inflection point is my favourite realisation in years

http://weaktight.com/4428989 Arnoud Mattern is this guy. Wins a lot at tournys and .fr pro. He value bet AK hi to my AQ hi once in EPT London that I qualified for. He loses heavily at cash games. I've remembered how to bluff the last few days.

http://weaktight.com/4428990 same guy, another 'repping flush = not flush' one for Dodgy.

Hope everyone did well in Feb, and beyond.

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

AKo - I think he can check call the flop with AA down to 87. But there isn't that much more other than pairs. It's doubtful that he'd do it with AdKd or something. Given he calls the turn I think he has to have a big overpair with a diamond or 99, 88, 87s. So on the river I feel like he wants to call most of those and I might go for the overbet just to get him to fold. Part of me just wants to jam for 2x pot. I think he might call to a small overbet still.

I'm always a bit unsure of what I can expect people to get stubborn with when they check call though. I don't know if it's crazy to think he can call down JJ (if the turn blanked), or if it should be standard.

KQo - Yeah I think this is pretty cool against a lot of players.

QJo - Qu'est-ce que le ... ???

KQo - What the hell does he get to the river with that folds?! Another one of those hands that confuses me. I suppose he value bet 97 or something on the flop, but I always assume people check those back. Maybe that's wrong.

AKo - Weird again. I mean his line sort of reps a flush. I think loads of people flat flush draws on the flop in position though - certainly lower ones - so given that, and that he sometimes bets the turn, his range is really thin.