Wednesday 22 February 2012

Session 22

I think it's session 22. I'm starting to lose count. Only a short one this time as I had footy training. Then 2 of us turned up. So I could've gone and watched Hull City, but just could not be arsed.

Played well in the session. Only worrying about playing well through the hour is becoming a habit. I played this hand early on:

http://weaktight.com/4399885 - BTN huge fish, SB a reg! Jesus at some of these regs.

http://weaktight.com/4399906 - same reg as above. Just posted this 'cos we like to see 4bet pots and how they play out don't we. I'd call turn too 'cos we have Ax a ton and he's never bluffing river. He snap checked turn and river which is a decent timing tell.

http://weaktight.com/4399889 _ really couldn't decide on a raise size here. I assume we do have to raise. Turn leader is a fish, other guy is a solid reg. Oh I guess the flop checks up for debate too. I thought the binking equity >> any FE I had.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?6328296 - weaktight just stopped working. Villain is solid 19/16, 20% open in this spot. I think my lack of value is compensated by my lack of bluffs. Raise size I decided to go small, VS a good player I think this is correct.

http://weaktight.com/4399917 - passive fish. please don't pot the river like that when you're so passive and I have top 2. Just don't do that, k?

2 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

KK - I've thought about doing this in his spot because some regs just squeeze so wide here (also say he opened CO and we're BTN). The thing is we'll just get a multiway pot a lot (not sure if that's good or bad), and there's so much value in just 3-betting the fish.

KTs - I always forget that when we call light and they actually have value hands it's not even that bad.

43s - I always check these flops. I just think someone has something way too often for us to bet once, and barrelling seems crazy too. I'd probably just flat the turn knowing that it's a hand we can call twice with (we'll often have weaker hands that have a tough spot on a river bet).

QJs - I normally raise bigger because I want to be able to shove the river. I wish these HH convertors showed remaining stacks. Anyway raise an amount that left around pot on the river, just over is fine. I can see smaller being better in the sense that it induces fewer value shoves compared with a bigger raise, but I think most regs still flat the same hands to a larger one anyway (rather than shoving).

AJo - Yeah it's a who knows sigh call. With AK do you just fold here?

grog said...

The KK he overlimped. Actually I did this exact same thing to carrotsnake once and he got in AJo to my AA, 200bbs!

Yeh 75s to a value range 4bet is a call .......... best to forget that for the most part tho!

43s I shipped, board so drawy, so many counterfeiting cards espec VS 2 opponents. Can rep hearts.

QJs we're left with < 1 psr, you're happy with the line tho yeh?

AJo yeah I snap fold AK. He had the nut flush.