Thursday 16 February 2012

Session 9










http://weaktight.com/4379979 - It's hands like this make me glad I've stopped 'Chris' from reading this blog! I've analysed this to death, but yeh basically he doesn't have many clubs at all, especially that bet the turn. Then river 5 flush means he's probably going to shove to get me off the chop, which it would, but it's nice to do this to him instead. Alas, semi owned.

http://weaktight.com/4379981 - villain sort of an aggressive fish. I could bet flop of course, but it'd be a bet call and not loving life. Checking means I get him to bluff, then win the pot anyway 'cos I'll ship river. He confounded me by betting river too. Blah, wanted to call for obv reasons, but betsize looked like Ax and I can't completely discount Kx or Qx. He showed a bluff, the swine!

http://weaktight.com/4379990 - villain is a bad reg, cold 4bets a lot. I'm 3betting a fish for the umpteenth time, and I just think this 4bet is light as a feather. Check ship flop maybe, hmm.......... kinda wanted to call turn but all the assumptions that would make that possible like he'd slowdown with AK and AA I just couldn't make with this guy.

http://weaktight.com/4379998 - tough spot this. Again, villain bad and slightly over aggressive reg. Not sure how bad, and how over aggressive.........

^ answer to the last one above is I called and he had AQ

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

J6s - I probably just bet 29 or whatever on the flop I think. If he's super likely to c/r then checking back is good, but I'd be surprised if he was going to do it often enough to make me wanna check back. Obviously tempting to wanna call the river, but I wouldn't in case he bet Ax sometimes too.

9Ts - I thought about crai on flop too, but I don't think it's best. He's never bet folding a better hand in a 4-bet pot. On the turn we need 32% ish equity. Against KQo, 99, QQ, KK, AA, JTs, AKs (not all AK as I don't think they all bet the flop) we have 13.4% equity. So we're going to need quite a lot of semibluffs in his turn range to make it a call. If I add AJs we have 21.9%. So maybe not as many bluff as I thought.

However, with this flop texture I reckon he probably takes a free card quite often with AJ or something IP, so he probably isn't semibluffing that often on the turn. I think it's a fold.