Wednesday 15 February 2012

Session 6



http://weaktight.com/4376765 Whatevs

http://weaktight.com/4376768 River would've been interesting had he bet.

http://weaktight.com/4376772 Small 3bet as opposed to a flat. Turn might seem a bit optimistic but I had a good feeling, not too many Tx in his range or Kx for that matter. Wish I'd bet more on river, but I still don't really see how he called. STATION

http://weaktight.com/4376778 We're 200bbs deep here, peeling flop was a bit of an experiment as I'm going to be flatting more 4bets from now on. I think turn I can bet $36 or something VS a not good player.

http://weaktight.com/4376786 I wanted to fold turn, but then remembered 'WHAT WOULD A BOT DO?!' which apparently is my new mantra. This should be interesting!

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

33 - depends on the player but I flat the flop a lot here. If they barrel anyway, if they only fold to raises 40% or something then I like calling as we rep a lot of gutters to them.

KQ - interesting. Why did you go for the turn c/c rather than betting again (or crai given there's 90 into 220 on river)? I'm not saying it's wrong, I just don't think it'd be my line so I'm interested in your thoughts. I'd probably bet again thinking they have QJs, QTs, some 9Xs, JJ, TT, although I see check calling being good for the KJs, KTs, and AXss hands. I think this might be a squeezed pot spot where betting 38 on the flop makes more sense with most of our range. It'd be better to be able to just get it in on the turn here (or the flop is fine too).

77 - I'm folding 77 pre as standard here. Obviously not gonna nit-pick as he might open 25% and fold 80%, or might be right at the start of the session, or whatever. I'm not sure what my strategy postflop in these spots are going to be yet, but given people will flat AK pre in these spots, and KQ more to the smaller 3-bet, it's probably not wise to just fire away at this board with no equity. With AQ/AJ though I'm not sure of the best line - I can see reasons to check back and reasons to double/triple. Not sure. On the river I think you should either check or bet really big (assuming you think he'll fold lower flushes to a big bet).

22 - hmmm. Again, I'm not going to be 3-betting here as standard, but being deep folding is annoying. Maybe flat, 3-betting's probably ok. I'd probably just fold the flop knowing I've got plenty of other hands that aren't folding. Given the call I think we have to decide on the turn whether we get him off AA with a turn bet/river shove. If not then check it down.

86 - yes! In these spots you have to remember it's all about equities rather than focussing on having the best hand. You need 30% ish to call the turn, and against a range of all made hands JT or better, KQ, KJ, QJ, A8s, A7s, you have 36.8%. I think the majority of regs barrel at least that range, and sometimes not the weaker made hands like JT. Add this to the fact that people just don't bluff the river anywhere near enough and it's an easy turn call. If you find someone who you know bluffs river a lot more then it's really tough.