Monday 20 February 2012

Session 16


Bit of a strange session. I usually really underestimate my winning sessions, but by the end here I thought I was up around $400-500. Looking at the hands though, there's a ton where I flatted 3bets and flopped no equity, and then a few bluff 4bets in good spots with good hands (ATo and AJo) failed at 2-4 and it all adds up. Happy enough though, PF was probably 9/10 again, but still concentrating on it hard for next session.

http://weaktight.com/4392370 - ok if this guy flats 4bets I need to 4bet bigger. $38 is no good 100bbs, $42 next time.

http://weaktight.com/4392373 - this fish a super wide range, and I went with a default fish read that they don't vbet at all IP. This guys clearly weird. Oh well at least he didn't shove river 'cos I was calling.

http://weaktight.com/4392377 - river is too thin here I think. He's just too good a player with my range from PF being this strong, and I should just check the river for a nut bluffcatcher.

http://weaktight.com/4392379 - his stats indicate he doesn't 3bet vs EP too much, but of late he has been doing to me certainly. Unsure whether to check or shove river. Probably a ship in fact.

http://weaktight.com/4392382 - I couldn't see better fullHs in his range after he bets the turn. Thin value bettor too.

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

AKo - my standard 4-bet OOP is pushing 2.5x usually. I go $42 over $18 yeah.

QAo - Not much to say.

AJs - I'm torn how to play these A turns in 3bet pots when they've check back. If we want to be able to bluff we need to bet our Ax hands too, but it is a good card to check to let them bluff. However, I actually think a lot of their range will be Qx, 6x, 2x, 88 type hands. So it probably is best to just bet out all/most of our range on these turns.

KQs - Gotta be a ship I think. Any hand that value bets will probably call a shove, and lots of hands won't value bet that might call a shove. It's really hard for you to have anything here in my eyes as you'd bet the turn with AK almost always, and with a flush draw, so you're in a unique spot where you pretty much have to have QXss to make this play for value. I could be wrong but it feels like that. For that reason he might be able to call light here.

TT - Really weird line by him. I don't expect people to raise Jx very often on the flop, and don't expect them to bet non Jx value on the turn, and don't expect him to value bet Jx on the river (shouldn't imo). So I wanna put him solely on AJ here. If I donked I certainly do this river line.