Saturday 18 February 2012

Session 13


Unlucky 13 that is. I didn't play well though, got slightly tilted by losing every all in and lost my way PF a little bit. A few 3bets that should've been flats, a few silly flat of 4bets, an Iso 100bb jam in a weird spot with AJ, they all add up. In my next session my sole goal is to play well PF, think through every PF spot and really go for 100% PF perfection.

http://weaktight.com/4386600 Meh could bet, but leaves a sticky spot on turn when he flats. I do think once I check this I'm almost always going for CRAI so that's a small concern. Should make the 3bet bigger because I'm oop too, 3x it should've been. PF mistake then.

http://weaktight.com/4386605 I think I wanted to prove to Dodgeball that sometimes people do bluff rivers. TILT.

http://weaktight.com/4386606 this looks spewy as anything, but was actually right at the start of the session where I was in a perfect frame of mind. I discount slowplayed QQ+ and almost certainly not JJ, so I'm like ok TT or weird 9x that can call. I could flat turn and call river too of course, maybe that's better, but felt some weird 7x or 6x would go away a lot.

http://weaktight.com/4386615 - big PF mistake am up against a 14% open here. He saved me a lot of money though, and for that I am thankful. Probably going with it.

http://weaktight.com/4386620 - big fish

http://weaktight.com/4386623 - why wouldn't he flat 77 on the flop? This the same guy who jammed A7 the other day in a 4bet pot.

SESSION 14 GOALS:

PF Perfection. 3bet appropriate hands, flat 4bets with only appropriate hands in appropriate spots. Not OOP! Don't do silly flats or overcalls. Don't autopilot raise too light in EP and MP. Concentrate on CO raises, look at BTN and blinds.










1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1 - I still usually flat AK here against most UTG opens. Postflop it's one of those boards where I kind of want to bet big enough to shove the turn, but I'm not sure how great that is. I never really know the best line in a spot like this. I worry that when we check people check back a lot of stuff that they're worried about bet calling. So I think betting is probably the best play. It might be best to bet and then crai the turn (as we don't really mind it going check check on the turn, although we might lose to a TT hand that we could've made fold by the river), or it might be best to just triple barrel all in (normal sizing).

Hand 2 - Yeah. Going by pure theory I think a lot of these triple barrel spots are calls, but in practice they're just not.

Hand 3 - I might flat the squeeze, although that's awkward because it means the other reg is coming along a lot. So yeah, 4-betting's probably best. AQs I might flat, and if I was the other guy and you folded, I'd flat AQo. Postflop is weird. It's always awkward to bet here because bet folding feels a bit bad as I think worse hands can semibluff and you'll have equity against quite a lot of hands that c/r. So checking back is probably best. I think we might be able to peel the turn given he'll have lots of broadways himself, and we have equity against a lot of pair hands.

Hand 4 - Instinctively I think flatting 4-bets against UTG/MP opens that aren't 22%+ and that we don't have a read on that they love to 4-bet is going to be bad. The thing is, even if they bluff 4-bet a lot it's going to be with hands that dominate our QJs, ATs hands given their tight opening range. When people are CO or BTN they start 4-bet bluffing Ax hands (where x<8) and this makes it hard for them to hit/play and give us more equity in the hand/more options postflop.

Hand 5 - Play same to river. I can see reasons for calling, I'm less happy about it given there's a four straight out. I do think some fish still randomly bet Jx or 6x here. I wonder if it's worth betting $15-20 on the river to block it/and he might call Tx or something worse occasionally.

Hand 6 - I usually flat thinking that I want them to barrel gutters/whatever (given them more room to put more money in). I can see merit for raising sometimes and against the right players though. I'm also wanting to flat to protect my floats a bit.