Saturday 18 February 2012

Session 12


Suffered some EV pain this session. A good quote from the mental game book though, something like if the weather man says it's going to rain, and then it rains, do you really get pissed off? Running bad and below EV is going to happen like all the time, and it's completely and utterly expected. Poker wouldn't be this profitable without such variance! So yeah we know we're going to run bad sometimes, we expect it, why get pissed off?

http://weaktight.com/4386021 - $90 to win $116, very wide 3betting from the blinds, Qx smashes my range and I just have enough value to raise call it off in his eyes.

http://weaktight.com/4386023 - I should bet the flop here, no arguments. I just turn enough equity to bet again too often. Over complicated the hand VS a guy I didn't know too much about except he was a reg. Shrug at his call tho! Maybe I should ship river.

http://weaktight.com/4386029 - wide 4bettor, not a folder.

http://weaktight.com/4386033 - tough to choose a river betsize. Decided on one that might make him check shove something like a missed draw, and might look like a missed draw trying to fold out missed draws. He got himself into a lot of bother I think.

http://weaktight.com/4386035 - one for interest, good to know that TT+ is virtually always getting 4bet here. I beat some value bets on the river too potentially.


1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1 - I don't raise ip that often in 3-bet pots. I think most situations play better by calling, and you can make them make more mistakes by calling. Here I'd flat and jam a spade/K turn. I don't think the raise is bad, although there are a decent amount of hands he doesn't fold (although if he's 3-betting wide then there are still plenty he folds).

Hand 2 - Yeah I feel like just betting 100% ip in 3-bet pots is good unless you know they check raise a lot. Interesting turn call by him yeah. That might be a river I don't jam though given we expect him to have a lot of two pairs, sets, and a straight after his turn call.

Hand 3 - Nice. I'm always tempted to think jamming pre is best if they 4-bet wide, but if he's doing this it clearly isn't. I think I like this min raise approach on dry boards - but not as a bluff v him I suppose.

Hand 4 - The nit in me doesn't even want to bet the river as I always assume people play too well and go for check raises here when strong, and can check raise bluff. Clearly wrong though. A bot would bet what you bet.

Hand 5 - I've started taking this line postflop with AK a lot too. People just are bluffing a lot here in my experience.