Friday 17 February 2012

Session 11


My 5 biggest losing pots were PF coolers or flips that I lost, with the only debatable one being a JJ squash, I flatted JJ sb-co, BB squeezes to $26 from $6, 100bbs effective. Hardly think this is too debatable but anyway he had AA.

http://weaktight.com/4382775 - next biggest one. This guys a bit of a monkey, don't love river but I have to call I think he's just aggro and bad enough to have worse. Turn is obv good for balance.

http://weaktight.com/4382779 - I should've flatted this PF. I was so in the habit of 3betting everything, but this guy folds 78% to 3bets and it's just a hand I can squash happily without self doubt if the blinds wake up. Call one was the way forward here, perceived range of Qx a ton.

http://weaktight.com/4382787 - 52s, 75, 44 maybe J4s for value, this is just going to work enough I think. At least 8 outs, maybe 11.

http://weaktight.com/4382792 - fish who snapped PF and snap checked to river before unleashing this drama bomb. hmm

happy with how I'm playing at the moment and with my mental game. I need constant mental game reminders in session at the moment, but my mental exercises will become part of my unconscious competency before long (allegedly) and I can start working on other stuff.

2 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1 - I'm checking the flop a lot here at the moment. Again (always repeating myself!) I'm not convinced it's best, just trying it out. I honestly think the river's a fold. People don't bluff there enough. Inflexion.

Hand 2 - Yeah I think it's important to realise when some spots cry out for a call. Like if a fish min raised the CO and you have 66 OTB. Or if a reg min opens the BTN and you have 33 in the SB with a fish BB. Those types of things.

I need to think more about flatting 4-bets against guys with tight ranges. Initially I thought it must be bad, but then if his range is solely AK, AA-QQ then perhaps it's not. Postflop seems standard here. Part of me wants to bluff the river as he should bet a bluff/Ax (which means we always lose), but he might not bet A4 and he might sometimes check bluffs and let us win.

Hand 3 - Pretty interesting. I don't know what to do with KJ if I'm MELJA. If it was HU I'd just call it, but blechou being behind makes it tougher (although blechou would raise a lot of very strong hands you'd think). I think this is probably fine/good. I'd probably fire the river too (inflexion points - most regs don't bluff river so I think most regs call AJ on flop and fold river thinking you never bluff, could be wrong though).

Hand 4 - I fold. I would bet flop v reg and check v fish. If a fish bombs river after checking other streets it's the nuts and he's upset cuz he missed value. Generally anyway I think.

grog said...

Results,

hand 2: he had KQ. I remember him 4betting it another time actually

hand 3: they folded

hand 4: WRONG MARTIN he had 53o. Different species of fish on .fr tho