Sunday 19 February 2012

Session 15


I'm going to view this as an inexpensive lesson not to 9 table. I decided that my life was easier now with 3betting, and I could expand the number of tables. Wrong! Some spots just need a lot of thought, and my brain bandwidth was just too stretched in some big pots leading to bad decisions.

http://weaktight.com/4390227 - like London buses, I've had a zillion of these spots of late. This guy is a monkey barreler, big winner, but 3bets only 1% VS UTG overall.

http://weaktight.com/4390237 - good player, doesn't bluff much. PF went wrong 'cos of too many tables, should be $48 at a minimum.

http://weaktight.com/4390250 - fishy reg, high river aggression

Goals for next session are to play 6 tables, and again concentrate hard on PF. Give myself 5/10 for the last session and that's generous. Tight UTG, proper 3bet and 4bet sizes, don't flat 4bets OOP, do flat PF where neccessary.

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

JJ - I think we can just fold preflop against a 1% 3-bettor if we're OOP. If we're IP I might setmine, but then we get a flop like this and want to peel. I doubt he 3-bets AK pre in these spots so I'd just fold the flop. Even if he was bluffing (the 1 out of 1x10^30 times he bluffs) then his semibluffing hands hit this a decent amount too.

A5s - I'd fold this specific river (along with J or T) and might call other rivers. His range on the river should be flopped gutters, Ax and Qx and sometimes a 99 hand). He should only bet JT and a slowplayed Qx out of those as the others have showdown. Maybe he can turn KJ or AT into a bluff, but unless I had good reason to beleive it I'll probably just (begrudgringly) fold.

KAo - I think the river probably should be a shove or check fold. I don't know how wide his preflop range is, but given he's half stacking it's probably not that wide, and looking pretty strong by the river. He can definitely have Qx, might flat sets on flop, can have KQ, occasionally AA. I think I check fold.